Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 6

Day 6- A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet

I love animals! Ok well not all of them. I don't like monkeys. The scare me, I'm not sure why. I've never liked them. When I go to the zoo I'd be happy to just steer clear of that whole section. That story about that chimpanzee turning on it's owner and ripping her face off...no thanks. I'm not really a dog person either. Unless it's an old tired trained dog. They I like them just fine. :) But when they are puppies and all spazzy and crazy, ugh. Exhausting.

I watch animal planet on a regular basis. There was a special one time on these beauties:








Seriously. How cute are they? They are called Wombats, native to Australia. Go figure. They are in the marsupial family, along with Kangaroos and Koala bears. I love them. They look like real live teddy bears. Not sure what kind of pet they would make. Probably not a very good one, look at those little razor claws. I think they like to dig too, so it would probably dig up my carpet. But that is ok, they are so cute I just can't stand it.

It's a bummer they are not at any zoos around here. I'm not sure if they are even at a zoo anywhere. I would have never heard about them if I hadn't seen that special on animal planet. I hope to see one in real life one day. As if I needed another reason to want to go to Australia! :)

3 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

I LOVE wombats! They are soooooo cute! I want to cuddle with it and squeeze it and hug it. Yay for wombats!

Heather and Spencer said...

LA zoo doesnt have these?

Aimee said...

Hi there =]
I'm from Australia, and we have plenty of wombats in our zoos. They are actually very fast and can be quite aggressive. Don't let the sweet innocent face deceive you =]


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones