Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 14, 15, 16

Wow I fell a little behind. Yikes!

Day 14- A TV Show you are addicted to

I have two. 2 main shows that I get really excited for. The first one is The Biggest Loser. This is my first season watching it. When this season started Jimmy wanted to watch it I was just like whatever about it. But then I got hooked. I love it! It's so fun to see people changing their lives, for the better. So many reality shows are about trashy women with fake tans misbehaving. Does that really deserve a TV show? Not in my opinion. So I love it when a positive show comes along that actually helps people. We are almost to the finale and I can't wait. Although my favorite people keep going home, I'm excited to see everyone at the reunion and to see how far they have come.

My other one is The Vampire Diaries. I love that show with all my heart. I'm not sure when/why this whole vampire craze got started. I don't really care about vampires one way or another, but I do enjoy all these new books and TV shows. Vampire Diaries is on Thursday night. When I wake up on Thursday and there is a new episode on, it's like the sun is shining brighter. Last week was the season finale. Ugh. So I guess that leaves me plenty of time to catch up on my Jeopardy episodes. My DVR thinks it's funny to not record Vampire Diaries sometimes, or cut out chunks of the show. It always does it to this show. And it makes me sooo angry!!! I'd just watch it live, but it's during Pilates so I'm stuck watching the recording. Or now I'm stuck watching nothing until it comes back in September!

Day 15- Something you can't leave home with out

Chap stick. I need chap stick. When my lips are dry, it drives me crazy. I have a lip gloss in my purse and I use it all the time. Naturally this is one of Brynlee's favorite things to get a hold of. If I leave my purse anywhere within her reach, she dashes for my purse, rips out my lip gloss and rips the cap of. She then proceeds to mash it into the ground. When I catch her doing this she shows it to me and says "dee". Not sure what "dee" means, but I'm pretty sure it's not sorry as she shows no remorse and can't seem to wait to do it again. I used to be able to put my purse on a little table by the door. Now she can reach that. Then I had to start putting it on the couch, but not she can reach that. So I have to put it on the dining room table now. When she reaches that I'll be in trouble. I'm going to have to install a hook on my sealing to hang it on.

Day 16- Your view on homosexuality.

Oh boy, we are really getting into the nitty gritty aren't we? I love all people, gay straight, white, black, brown, yellow whatever. I was not raised to judge people, and I strive everyday to do my best to stay judge free. With the exception of Yankee fans. Or Yankees players. I already start off not liking them, even when I know nothing about them. If we have kids who play in little league and they are ever put on the Yankees, I'll probably make them change teams. No I'm not kidding. No Yankee paraphernalia will ever touch my body, nor will you ever catch me cheering for the Yankees. Ever.

Anyhow, back to homosexuality. I think the fact that these kids are teased mercilessly because they make different choices than other people is horrific. I have met a few gay people that I did not care for. But it had nothing to do with their sexual orientation. It had to do with there personality. That being said, any loyal followers of my blog remember that I was out there holding the "Yes on Prop 8" signs back in Nov 2008. Honestly, that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But I do feel that marriage should remain between a man and a woman. If they were to make a different kind of union that gave gay people all the same rights as married people, I'm all for that. It's not that I don't want them to have rights. I just don't want marriage to be re defined. I realize that does not make a ton of sense. But whatever, they are my feelings and they don't have to make sense to anyone else. Same way you have sports for men and sports for women. You have the NBA, and the WNBA. We could have marriage, and “unity” or something. That would be just fine with me. Not sure if it would be fine with anyone else, but there you go!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

I think its really weird how on the cw's site they have an ad that says catch vd for vampire diaries... really? That's the best you could come up with? Duh


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones