Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 19 & 20

Day 19- A picture of you in a mirror

This was tough! Really a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm not one of those people who takes 100 pictures of myself a day and posts them on facebook. No offense to those who do... so it took me about 10 tries before I got a picture of myself in the mirror that wasn't blurry and that my hand was not blocking my face! A photographer, I'm not.

This is me in all my morning glory. NO make up, hair not done. I'm dressed because I had to take Brynlee to school. That is about it. So pretty. Poor Jimmy.



And I had to throw this in there, just because I think they turned out really well. See these nails below, I did them! By myself! Well with the help of my friend Sally Hansen and her nail stickers. But they were not the easiest to apply so I'm still proud.



Day 20- The meaning of your Blog name

Well I stole it kind of. From a poet named Robert Frost. His poem is called The Road Not Taken. Not sure if that is legal or not to kind of steal that. No one has shown up to my house with handcuffs yet, but maybe I've just been lucky. :) It's one of my favorite poems. If you haven't read that poem you will have to copy and paste this link because I cannot get my links to work right on here:

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-road-not-taken/

I like to think that I take the road less traveled with things. I try not to take the easy way out, or just do whatever anyone else does. Not that there is anything wrong with taken the well beaten path. Not trying to judge here.

But I like to march to the beat of my own drum. Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone. I tell my Sunday School class this all the time. What kind of teacher would I be if I didn't practice what I preach?

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

Chloe and I have been wondering about those nail things. Now that I have a working dishwasher I should try them! They look cute!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones