Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trials

I am grateful for trials. Ok I know that sounds crazy. Who likes trials? I'm not saying I like them. But I'm grateful for them.

Trials help us grow. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you want to look at it ) I am the type of person who needs trials. I'm not someone who will push myself unless I have to. I will not force myself to do and deal with unpleasant things unless I am...well forced. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with that. It's just how I am. I've always considered myself to be on the weaker side. Not weak physically (ok yes that too) but just weak. Again, nothing wrong with that. We are all different. Some of us are weaker than others.

But I've realized something. I'm not weak. I'm just not strong unless I'm forced to be. I don't exercise my strength frequently. It takes trials to drag it out of me. I look at the things in my life I thought I would never get though. But I have. And I've grown because of that.

If life was all peaches and cream I would never know what I'm capable of. It's hard to remember this when you are in the throws of one of these tough situations. I'm not always grateful for the trial while it is happening, but I'm grateful afterwards. I love learning, and what better way to learn from personal experience?

I am grateful for opportunities to prove my strength. Even if it's to no one else by myself.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones