Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Time to Fall

It's almost September!!!!! I cannot wait for fall. I'm even more jazzed about it this year than most years. September first, the fall decorations are coming out! I don't care if it is 102 degrees still. As it tends to be in CA.

Fall is by far my favorite season. I used to like Summer. Back before I turned into an adult and got a job. Now it just means higher electricity bills. Yay! Not. I do like that it means I don't have to match socks. Because once summer hits I wear socks like 2 times and that is it. My feet cannot be restricted in such hot weather!

I'm already planning out our family themed Halloween costume. We are going to take Brynlee trick or treating this year. I'm super excited.

This year we are going to go to a big pumpkin patch, where Brynlee can go on a hay ride and run around. Maybe even hit up a petting zoo! I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my Christmas tree, since that tiny terror that runs my house will be all over it I'm sure.

Jimmy and I did some more child proofing this weekend. I should have filmed the look of dismay on Brynlee's face as she tried to open some of her favorite cupboards to wreak havoc in. Only to find she could not open them. :) Ha ha!

My big life changing is coming closer and closer. Less than 1 month away actually. I thought of having to buy school supplies the other day and it made me really happy. I know that sounds crazy. Then I thought about not knowing anyone at school. And everyone probably being 18 and here I am 27 and married with a baby. It might be hard to connect with my new classmates a little bit. Maybe I'll hit it off with some of the instructors.

Unfortunately I find myself doing something with this that I always tend to do. I keep thinking that every problem in my life will be fixed once I quit my job and start school. I'll have tons of free time, and Brynlee will be less crazy and I'll be happier. I'm not sure why I always do this. But it sets me up for failure because inevitably school will not fix all my problems. In fact it will create several new ones. Several new pretty big ones! But I hope I'm not wrong about being happier. Because right now I'm having a kind of tough time.

I've been on a pilates hiatus. I skipped once. Then I skipped again. Then I skipped twice more. Yeah. Have I mentioned this class was pre paid? I might as well just flush money down the toilet. I skipped the one class, but then I wanted more. See, "if you give a mouse a cookie...". I haven't gone for 2 weeks now, and I'm sure my teacher thinks I probably died or something. Tonight I'm going, no question. Pilates or bust!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

I am so excited for fall! I love the changing colors up here. We're already planning an Oct trip to the family cabin and a trip on the Alpine Loop to see some of the most gorgeous fall colors in UT. I am also super duper excited because the Brigham City Peach festival is going on the beginning of Sept and they have the most amazing peaches! You should go to Julian in Oct for me for the apple festival and eat all things apples. Oh how I miss the apple fest! If I had the money I would go to CA in Oct specifically for that. I miss it so much!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones