Monday, February 9, 2009

Our First Valentines Day

Jimmy and I have been married just over 3 years and this Valentine's Day will be our 4th one.

Our first Valentine's Day together Jimmy tried to do something really special. We both had class that night (and a test none the less, heartless teacher!)so we couldn't go out or anything.

But Jimmy invited me over to his house before we went to class. I was driving over there, and he called me and asked me to stop at the store and get some toilet paper because they were out.

I did not react well to this. I didn't want to stop at the store and get them toilet paper! Is that my job? Why can't you (or one of the 4 people you live with for that matter) stop at the store and get toilet paper?

Typical of me, I did it but I was not happy about it. I went over there fuming mad that I had to go out of my way to get toilet paper for a house that wasn't even mine because other people are too lazy to get it.

When I got to his house, he had been trying to make me dinner. He had the table all set with a nice table cloth, candles and everything. He sent me to the store because dinner wasn't ready yet, and he wanted it to be a surprise when I walked in. They didn't really need the toilet paper; he just needed to get rid of me for a little while.

How did I respond to all this? Like a complete and total brat. I was still mad about the toilet paper. I pouted all through dinner and completely ruined the night. He had worked so hard to cook a full meal and set everything up. I acted like a spoiled ungrateful jerk. The only thing I can say in my defense is that I was having a really bad day. Maybe I was PMS ing or something.

And after all that he still married me! That is one of those events I really wish I could go back and redo.

As of right now we don't have any grand plans for this year. I've never been big into Valentines Day. I mean I like candy as much as the next person, but if I want candy I can just go buy it. And summer is coming, so do I really need candy? No, I don't. We don't have any dinner reservations, or play tickets or huge surprises. But we will be together and that's good enough for me!

1 comment:

Jody C. said...

it gets harder and harder for me each year to get something for Craig. He's so picky in the game she plays and we figure if we want something then we buy it...i am racking my brains to get him something this year...HELP!

You and Jimmy have a great Valentines day!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones