Friday, February 27, 2009

Ode to my Washer and Dryer

Can I just say that having a washer and dryer in my house is like Christmas every time I do laundry?

For those poor unfortunate souls who have had to go to a laundry matt or communal laundry facility, you know what I'm talking about.

We used to have to go to a laundry mat, and boy was it unpleasant. My parents would kindly let us do laundry over there, but it usually took about 4 hours to get all our loads done. We didn't usually have that much time, so off to the laundry mat we would go. Laundry mats are expensive; they smell funny and are full of truly strange people. Jimmy and I used to constantly battle about whose turn it was to do the laundry. He usually ended up doing it though, because he knew how much I hated the laundry mat.

One time we forgot our laundry for like 5 hours, and went back to the mat to find it in a big heap on a dryer. The idea that some stranger was poking though my laundry really freaks me out big time.

But now we live the life of luxury. When laundry needs to be done we don't have to go anywhere, and it's wonderful. I love you washing machine and dryer, don't ever leave me!!!!

3 comments:

Julia Everts said...

I'm so glad i never personally had to deal with that. When Jake lived at Crackside we had to do his laundry and it was such a pain. Having to set your timer so you knew when it was ready so no one would steal your clothes. And hauling the laundry soap up and down the stairs. Ay yi yi. I'm glad your happy.

Heather and Spencer said...

I am oh so thankful I have never been in that boat!

Megan said...

I am so with ya on this one Liz! We had to do the community laundry in Utah for far too long and now I am SO happy to be able to sit at home and do laundry at my leisure. It is so nice to have it handy when you need that pair of pants cleaned right away or your child comes home COVERED in mud. AH yes - never again will I be able to live without a washer and dryer in the house!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones