Thursday, January 29, 2009

This Can't be Normal...

Last night I got home from work and was excited to really start in on my new book.

Yes, I broke down and went to Borders and bought two new books the other day. I actually had three in my stack, but then realized that I would be spending like $60 on books! So I put one back.

Anyway I got into bed last night at 8:00 poised and ready to read. I didn't get very far. I fell asleep at like 9:00 I think. And I slept straight until 7:30am this morning. In case you are forgetting, I am not in fact an 80 year old woman. I'm 24 for goodness sake. What 24 year old goes to bed at 9:00?!

On Tuesday night I fell asleep around 10:00. I guess that is a little better. But still leaves me to wonder why I find myself falling asleep so early. Granted I didn't feel very good last night, but me falling asleep before 10:00 is actually a pretty normal occurrence.

Maybe I need to start taking vitamins? Or eat more vegetables? I did actually work out this week. But I guess working out once in 28 days isn't really saying much. At this rate by the time I am 80 I'll be falling asleep at 5pm!

I'm going to start reviewing the books I finish reading.

The one I just finished is called "In the Woods", by Tana French.

Likes: It is a suspense story that grabs you from the beginning and keeps you eagerly turning the pages. The characters are flawed and therefore seem more realistic. If you like James Patterson novels, I think you might like this one.

Dislikes: It is written by an Irish author, and takes place in Ireland so there were a lot of words that I wasn't sure if I just didn't know or if they were European words we Americans don't use. Also being that it is an Irish novel, there is a lot of cussing in it. Lastly, and probably most importantly the ending was terrible. At least in my opinion. There are 2 main mysteries, and only one of them gets solved at the end. Things like that drive me nuts. But it makes it more realistic that way.

So, I would recommend this book for people who like suspense and understand that stories don't always have a happy ending. Despite the crappy end, this book left me thinking about it days after I read it, which is always a good sign.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones