Monday, January 19, 2009

Drowning

Does anyone else feel like they are having some trouble staying afloat recently?

I have this Dilbert cartoon where he is talking about what his day at work is like. He says something to the affect of he feels like he is drowning and monkeys dressed as life guards are throwing anvils at him.

That is exactly what I feel like. Not necessarily with work, but with life in general. I made a completely stupid mistake today, and it's going to cost a nice chunk of money. It's still pretty fresh, so I don't feel like going into details but it's done and there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone have a time machine I can borrow?


I feel different than I used to. Something happened when I left the land of college and 20 hour work weeks. As I transferred into a 9-5 working adult it's like a switch snapped. For as much as a gripe about my job, it does have a lot of good points. So I'm not sure if that is the reason. I think it's just the fact that there is no "kid" left in me anymore and I'm not sure how to deal with it. It's gotten particularly bad the last few months. I feel like I wake up each day and there is a rain cloud I have to try to fend off. Some days I fend it off better than others.

So what are my options?

Until money starts falling like Manna from the sky ( here's hoping!), I've got to work. So I just have to find a way to cope with the fact that this is what adults do. They go to work everyday just to come home and do it again the next day.

And lastly, to top off this rather depressing post I want to give a shout out to a couple of people. First, to my Mom. Even though we don't see each other as often as we used to, she still knows what to say to make me feel better. Thanks for the pep talk this morning Mom, I love you! :)

And second, to Carla. She is always there to listen and share in my woes. She has some great ideas, and is quick to help organize a solution to any problem. She should start a business as a help hotline operator!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones