Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beat of my Own Drum

Well, I couldn't help to notice that my blog is slightly different than any other ones I read.

Not just in layout and such, but in material matter. I can see one big reason for this. No kids. It seems that many bloggers who have children simply write about them. Understandable of course.

But it makes me wonder if me writing about how I'm feeling (no matter how dark it may be) is blogging taboo. I'm fairly new to the blogging world, but compared to what most other people write some of my entries read like an Edgar Allen Poe poem. I'm going to keep on working at staying optimistic through rough times. I'll add that to the list of New Years Resolutions (still have yet to go to the gym in 2009 by the way).

Switching gears here, one of my cube buddies lives in a senior home. Meaning for people 60 and older.

I'm telling you, that is where it's at. I can't wait to live in one of those. Every night, they play games. They play bunko, Mexican train, uno and bingo, rumikub, scrabble (the list just goes on and on). It's like a game players paradise.

I would love to come home everyday and have a bunch of people to play games with. She keeps telling me I should come play with them sometime, and I just might take her up on it.

We do have a mini version of this at my house. We play Mexican Train every night, and Robbie cannot win to save his life. Maybe it's time to expand our game collection. Anyone know of any fun games for 3 or more people? We do have quite a few other games, but I'm always on the hunt for another.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Umm...hello! Do you not remember that time BEFORE I got married when I still really loved Cory and we all played games and had so much fun?!?!?!?! Did you forget Egyptian Rat Screw!?!?!?!!? And what about that game where you make the exploding sound? And how about the fact that I totally just mispelled Corey's name? Love it!

sptalley said...

Dont change how you write your blogs...I love reading your blog! I also love that you update almost every day! Is Mexican train the same as Chicken foot? I know Mexican train is with dominoes right? ~Heather

Jessica said...

i like the way you blog, it's actually a person speaking (typing rather) than pictures of people's kids...which is what mine is, but that's what I have to offer. I like what you have to offer and it's fun to read. With that said, I'm a fan of card games...phase 10, skipbo, and I really like games like monopoly when you have the time to play...but I perfer the farming game since I now live in Washington =) you should check that one out, pretty fun

Liz Cuillard said...

Heather, you have to play Mexican Train. It's like Chicken Foot, but more fun in my opinion. I love love love it!

I totally forgot about Egyptian Rat Screw! I do like that game, but I suck at it. I totally forgot about the game with the exploding sound, what was that one?

I used to like Monopoly too, but I think trying to play that with 2 Cuillard might get a little out of hand...

sptalley said...

I am not sure it could be more fun than chicken foot...I have an electronic chicken foot game and it clucks!

Jody C. said...

Liz, I love reading your blogs! You are an awesome person. i feel this is a way i can get to know you more because I don't live close to you as my other in laws do. dont change a thing!

Craig said...

You know, there is also a lot of random sex that goes on in those homes. I can't wait to get there either!!!!

DCuillard said...

Wait...... over 60 is a senior home?
I guess I must live in one too...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Have a great day!
Love,
Mom C

Liz Cuillard said...

Craig, I can always count on you for colorful comments and spicing up my blog! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones