Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Misc.

Does anyone else want to dance in the streets when they see the current gas prices? Good grief! I can't believe how low they are, when they were so high just a few months ago.

As someone who drives (a lot), the gas prices really effect me and our budget. So to be able to fill up my tank for less than $20 is truly amazing. In the summer time it was about $50 to fill up my tank. I can't believe I'm paying less than half that now.

On another note, we got our Christmas tree last night and it looks amazing! Since we have these high vaulted ceilings in our house, we got a 7-8 footer instead of the normal 5-6 footer. It is pretty big. So big the garland that we have only wrapped around it twice! It is set up by the window, so when people walk by the see the twinkling lights. I've always always wanted to do that.

We even got Robbie to help put up some ornaments. He pretends that he doesn't care about Christmas trees and such, but I know better! He is just as excited to have our house looking festive as I am.

No offense to those who have fake trees, but I don't know how you do it. I love my real tree. I know they are pain in the but ( there are needles everywhere already), but I think they are so so worth it. I'll have a real tree until I'm physically too old to go get one!

And lastly, in baseball news people are going all over the place! So far I'm not too upset/excited about any of the trades, but that could all change quickly. There are talks of Manny Ramirez going to the Yankees. If that were to happen, I would just die. Literally. I know the Red Sox chose to let him go ( and can anyone blame them?), but the last thing I want is an all star player like that going to my most hated team. Ugh. The thought of Manny and Crap Rod ( otherwise known as A Rod) batting back to back makes me physically ill. Everyone cross your fingers that this one doesn't come to fruition!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Its good to see that the worst thing in your life is the possibility that A Rod and Manny could be on the same team!

Liz Cuillard said...

Well, I wouldn't say that is the worst thing going on in my life. I could talk about a lot more depressing stuff, but I think we get enough of that already!

Heather and Spencer said...

I am al about real trees too! Where are you living??? I have a Christmas card for you but nowhere to send it!

Megan said...

I am with you on the gas prices!!! I saw $1.49 today - whoo hoo!!!!! I am sad to say I am a grinch when it comes to the tree...we have a small fake one. In AZ it is a fire hazard to have a real one because it is so dry. Maybe next year we will get a real one - Bry really wants a real one! I can't wait to see you in just over a week!!!

Robbie said...

I hate Christmas and everything that comes along with this dreaded season!

Liz Cuillard said...

Oh Robbie, dont be such a grinch! It's ok to admit you enjoy Christmas and all the Christmas festivities. It doesn't make you any less of a man. :)

Audrey Spence said...

yay for cheap gas! i never pay for my gas since work does but filling up my husbands car once a month at $20. heck yeah! it's like $1.37 here i think. wonderful! and another yay for real trees... you just can't fake that wonderful pine smell. we've had our tree since the beginning of the month and i love it! although we could only do light... no ornaments this year... the dog could barely handle the tree. he likes to eat it. :) and the lights too... that jerk


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones