Tuesday, December 16, 2008

If you Don't use it, you Loose it

Well, I think it's safe to say that my geography skills have plummeted significantly since the end of my schooling. Plummeted so much that it's gotten embarrassing to tell people what my major was.

In my quest to remain entertained at work, I found a geography game on Trip Advisor. There were some questions I was so far off on it's insane. I can only make it to the "medium" level. For the average Joe that might be acceptable, but for someone who poured tons of time and effort to graduate with a degree in geography it's just plain sad.

Perhaps it's me being paranoid, but I used to have an excellent memory. I've noticed with my aging that I'm not recalling things as easily as I used to. Maybe it's my fear of getting older and I'm psyching myself out? Or maybe my memory is really diminishing. Is your memory supposed to start going down hill at age 24? At this rate I wont' even be able to remember my own name at 50!

So, my mid December/ New Years resolution will be to by an atlas and get cracking. Hopefully this will make me feel like my college education wasn't completely in vain. If nothing else it will help me win when I play trivia games.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I could attempt to play your game, but I know I would lose terribly - at least you know you will always be able to beat me!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones