Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Drain

I'm sure we like everyone else we decided we wouldn't spend a lot on Christmas this year. Well, I'm not too sure that idea is still on the table anymore. I've been a shopping fiend recently. I'm spending money left and right. Today I spent $13 on stuff to wrap presents with. As I walked out the store I thought about it. $13 on wrapping paper and bows? It's nuts! No one pays attention to it and it just gets ripped off anyways!

I've found I don't feel so bad about spending money when I shop in increments. $20 here, $30 there. It requires more trips, but doesn't hurt as much when I'm at the register.

I think another part of my problem is that I'm a procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping ( is anyone surprised at this?). So on Dec 23rd when there are people on my list I need to get done I just buy the first thing I see that could be useful to them, regardless of cost. Each year I vow to be like Carla, who has her shopping done by Nov 1st. But sure enough I end up wandering desperately through Target the weekend before Christmas ready to buy anything I see.

I guess it is all part of the Christmas experience though!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You crack me up! I am proud to say we got 99% of our shopping done by the end of November this year, mind you we mostly just got stuff for the boys and still have sotcking candy to do, but I was glad to be pretty much done! Just don't buy presents...one of these years I want to do that - no presents. I think that will be lovely!

Heather and Spencer said...

You really should take advantage of Black Friday...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones