Monday, December 15, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener

I consider myself pretty good at being able to see my own faults. Not to toot my own horn here, but I can kinda step out of my body and see that some of the stuff I do and the way I think is plain stupid!

So I'm able to admit that I have a serious grass is always greener complex. I'm not sure where I picked that up, but it is here for sure.

It's been so so slow at work recently that I just want to die. I've googled everyone I know, I've made lists of things to do, I've played geography games on the internet. I'm just about ready to start writing a book or something. Today, I was reading old posts on Robbie's Blog from like January just to pass the time. That right there shows my desperation for something to do (just kidding Robbie! I loved reading your blog...when you actually wrote in it).

But wasn't it just a few months ago when I was complaining that work was so nuts I thought I was going to die? I'd go to work every day and pray for a free minute to catch my breath. Or even run to the bathroom!

When it's winter, I miss summer. When it's summer I miss winter.

I'm thinking this is a normal thing. People with straight hair want curly hair, people with curly hair want straight hair. Maybe it's just human nature to always want what you don't have.

It sure is irritating though! Why can't I ever just be satisfied with how things are in the present?

On a different note, Craig's family is coming out for Christmas and will be staying with us a couple of days before they can get into a hotel. Call me crazy, but I'm excited about this. Growing up, we never had people stay at our house for Holidays or anything. Maybe that's because no one in my family ever came to visit! I think having family in town staying with you will just add to the whole Christmas experience.

It's also nice to have room for people at our house. In our old house we could barely move, otherwise fit more people in there. I love that when someone comes to visit, we can set them up.

1 comment:

Jody C. said...

I want to thank you for putting my family up for a few days. it's always a comforting feeling to know family will always be there for you.

And..you are always welcome to stay with us when you come in AZ! hint hint..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones