Monday, December 22, 2008

Emotional Rollercoaster

These past few weeks have been a little rough for me (here is a depressing post with what is really going on in my life Jessie!).

On Thursday we had a company meeting to discuss the future of our travel agency. We aren't in real trouble, but we've taken a hit like everybody else due to the crappy economy. So, for the next 90 days everyone is taking a mandatory pay cut. Yay! Isn't that what everyone wants to hear a week before Christmas? They aren't starting it until mid January, but still. It definitely put a dark rain cloud over the office. It's not like travel agents make a ton of money to begin with! I am lucky to even have a job though, and I keep telling myself that.

The weather here has been so cold recently, our heat has been on 24/7. Every time I turn it on I see dollar bills floating away from me! But when it's in the 30's, that's a little much for us to deal with.

Recently I've started to wonder if moving into our new place was the smartest idea for us. Jimmy calls me a worrier, and well I am. I can admit it. I do absolutely love our new set up, but we are paying a lot more than we were before. A lot more. We had a pretty sweet deal in our other house. It was tiny and had no appliances, but it was affordable with money to spare.

Debbie is in town for Christmas and it's always nice to have a friend back. On Saturday night Carla, Debbie and I snuggled up on the couch ( with annoying dogs crawling all over us) and watched a Christmas movie together. We ate cookies, laughed and just had a great time. I miss doing things like that. The Gerbers are an interesting bunch, but I have so much fun with them. It reminds me of the old times before boys and bills where we would just hang out every night and play games.

Jimmy is off for the next 2 weeks. Yep, off from school, off from work ( unless they call him in). Just off. I can't help but be just a little jealous. Just a little. I'm working the day before Christmas, and had to fight tooth and nail to get the day after off. I think I have it off, but we all know what happened with the day after Thanksgiving, so everyone keep your fingers crossed!

And lastly, I saved a blog! Robbie went to delete his ( not like he writes in it anymore anyway) when he saw my post about how I was reading his blog for hours the other day. When he saw that it inspired him to keep it around a little longer.

2 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

boo to the pay cut! sorry liz! hope all is well besides that. you can always fly to utah and snuggle with me but it's colder here and i only keep my furnace at 68 because i'm cheap! :)

Jessica said...

Being mentioned by name in your blog is the next best thing to being famous!!!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones