Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Go for Gold

So it's the Olympics. Yay! I love the Olympics. Go USA! Although this year it's a little different for me.

Does anyone else feel like they suck at life when they watch the Olympics? Or is that just me? All these people with these amazing abilities, in which they have put years and years and years into perfecting.

And then there is me. I don't think I've ever felt that passionate about anything. Ever. I can't imagine loving something that much to put all my time and effort into it.

And being able to afford to do that none the less. I don't get how these athletes survive. Who pays for them to swim laps 24/7? Ok I'm not talking about Michael Phelps, because obviously Subway pays for him. But the other athletes. The ones that come in 8th place. Do they really have that many sponsors that for 4 years they can just not work and focus all their time on one thing? Like synchronized diving? Or long jumping?

I don't get it. It's interesting to think about though.

One more thing I find interesting about the Olympics. When kids 15 years old say they've worked their whole lives for something. It gives me a tic. Your 15, you haven't even lived your life yet. That sounds like something I would have said at 15. Stupid. Ah kids.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones