Friday, August 10, 2012

Today

There are many days where I wonder if going to cosmetology school was a mistake. I question my abilities, my judgment and my sanity. I hope that this whole thing was not just me chasing some crazy fantasy and taking my family along for the ride. That would suck for everyone involved.

But today is not one of those days. Today, this was the right choice. I did my first major hair service on my own at my house. I did a highlight re touch with lowlights as well. I had no help, no one watching me and nothing but my own knowledge to get me through. And her hair turned out phenomenal. She is really happy with it, and I'm really happy with it. We are just happy. It's a great feeling.

I can do this. I wonder when I'll stop being surprise when something like this turns out really well. Every time I do highlights there are several times during the process when I think "disaster!". It's just really hard to visualize it all coming together for me. Until the end when it actually does come together. And then I wonder why I was freaking out so much.

Today was a good day. Here's to many more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog looks nice !

marianne said...

Doubting ourselves is normal but just keep moving forward anyways.
I wish I had followed my dream. I'm happy for everyone that follows theirs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones