Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Urgent Business

So, for the 100000th time this year I got sick. Again. Between school and Brynlee I haven't got a chance.

It's been about two weeks and I feel better, but not great. My nose is still really stuff, my head is swirling and I have no energy. Yep, you probably guessed it. Sinus infection. Unfortunately for me I'm all to familiar with these beauts.

So, rather than make an appt and miss school to go to the Dr, I just decided I'd go to urgent care last night while running some errands.

I've had to go to urgent care a few times in my life. At urgent care, they take people according to how dire their situation is, not first come first serve. Which I agree with. If someone comes in with a broken leg by all means take them before me. Unless I'm in there with a broken leg too. In that case me first!

In my urgent care experiences I've gone and actually just walked right in. I've also gone and had to wait 4 hours... yes 4 hours to see the Dr. Kill me. I wasn't sure what I was going to get last night.

I waited in the waiting room for about 1 hour. During this 1 hour I just got more and more tired. I balled up and waited. And waited.

Then they called me and I sat in the little room. And waited. And waited. I'm not sure who they think they are fooling. I know what they are doing. It's like with airlines as long as they get you on the plane and leave the gate they flight is considered on time. You can wait on the runway for 3 hours.

I figured I was in for the long haul in the little examining room. So I made myself comfortable. I took of my shoes, lounged on the examining table and took a nice nap. Yes I sure did. The Dr coming in the room 1 hour later woke me up. At first I was confused and not sure where I was.

The Dr asked me if I was ok. I told her I fell asleep. She told me she was sorry for the long wait. I told her that I have a toddler at home, and being in a nice quiet Dr's office is like being on vacation. She thought that was pretty funny. Unfortunately I was not joking.

I remember when I used to have to be in my bed, in my pjs to fall asleep. Not anymore! I guess that is was being a busy Mom will do to you. Turns out I have a sinus infection. Surprise! 10 days of antibiotics and I should be like new. More importantly next time I need a nice quiet place to take a nap, I know where to

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones