Friday, July 27, 2012

Blame it on Aunt Flo

My privileges for picking Netflix movies have been officially revoked. Or so Jimmy says. Too bad all the info is in my name... Mwah ha ha( insert evil laugh here).

In an attempt to cut back on some costs, we switched to the two movies per month plan. Not that we got to watch a ton of movies. Two is all we really have time for anyway. But Jimmy and I have some very different movie tastes. Surprise! He's not real fond of the Rom/Coms that I tend to chose.

I haven't been on Netflix for a while. But last time I was on there I loaded our Queue up real good. We must be getting low on our Netflix list because the last few movies we've gotten in the mail have been a little strange. Like Netflix suggested them and I thought " What the heck" and put them on there anyway.

Case in point, last nights surprise in the mail. Kal Ho Naa Ho: Tomorrow May Never Come. Yes, that is a foreign film. In case you couldn't guess. It was an Indian film, straight out of Ballywood. Complete with singing, dancing and necessary English subtitles since it was completely in Hindi. Here is the lovely movie poster:


Hmm... In Jimmy's mind the one thing worse than a Rom/Com is one that is in another language! And includes singing and dancing. Oh boy. He was thrilled to watch it believe me. In my defense it got really great reviews and won a ton of awards in India... if that makes it any better.

Well the other night we watched it. All 3 hours and 8 minutes of it. Yep the singing and dancing just kept on coming. While it was a little lengthy I actually liked it. And found myself sobbing my eyes out. Straight up balling. Like watching the Notebook crying. It was such a great love story! Maybe I'm extra emotional this week because Aunt Flo is in town. I'll just blame it on her. But I haven't cried that hard in a while.

Jimmy was not so touched by this movie. But he said it was "alright". What a trooper. I'm sure the Netflix Queue is filled with action movies that Jimmy added on there. I might just have to get on there and do some re arranging again...Mwah ha ha ( insert evil laugh here again).

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

Do you have a tv or computer to watch it on? You should just do unlimited streaming. They are starting to put a lot more on there. My newest thing is the documentaries. I can't tell you how many I've watched on tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes and other natural disasters or ice. Pretty nerdy. But there are also a ton of tv shows too. I have a million in my queue right now :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones