Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Catching Up

Wow almost a whole month with no blog posts! I've been MIA recently... sorry. Quite a bit has happened in the past month. I started work at Macys...and hated it. Really hated it. There was too much down time, and it was too slow for me. Maybe if I was in a different location. I was all ready to tough it out until I got a call. From my friend at Chili's.

I used to work at Chili's before I was a travel agent. I really liked it. Serving has it's ups and downs, but for the most part it's fast paced, and maximum money for minimum hours. At opportunity at Chili's had presented itself, so I had to decide to either stick it out at Macy's or go back to Chili's. I've never been a job hopper. I find a job and I stick to it for a while. My resume is surprisingly short for a 28 year old I think. But I know myself enough to know that I would not have been happy at Macy's.

So, back to Chili's I went. It's different there. Some things are the same, but a lot has changed so I'm having to get back into the swing of things. But I love it there. It's much more a job for me. I'm not good at just standing around. If I'm going to be working, I want to be working. Not waiting for the clock to tic.

I've tried really hard to never burn a job bridge before. And I think due to my short time at Macy's that bridge is burned. And it makes me sad. Not that I ever plan on wanting to go back there. But I never thought I'd end up back at Chili's either... life is funny like that.

I have a new roommate. Robbie moved out, and Chris moved in. *Sigh*. No offense to Chris, but I'm really really over the roommate thing. Once I'm done with school we should be able to do something about that. But until then here I am. Living with 3 men, a toddler and a cat. Boy do I need a vacation. An all by myself vacation! :) Just kidding... well not really.

I only have about 3 more months of school. I feel like I'm getting better. But then I'll have a set back that makes me question my whole life again. I hate those. I need to not be so dramatic and realize that I can't please everyone. But the people pleaser in me doesn't want to do that.

Since I'm working again I've been busy. Really busy. I'm trying to clear of my plate a bit. Or maybe reorganize my plate. I need to be sure to use my time wisely now otherwise it slips away and I don't have any of it.

Brynlee has been...fun. She is 2, that is for sure. I remember a lady telling me once that you couldn't pay her to relive the toddler years with her kids. At the time I thought she was being dramatic. Turns out no, she wasn't. My patience is constantly being tested. Sometimes I pass the test. Sometimes I need to count to 3 and take deep soothing breaths. Brynlee is cute as a button, but full of attitude and sass. It's exhausting. As if everything else I'm doing wasn't exhausting enough. I need to keep the big picture in mind. This is all just temporary, and will be gone before I know it. I just hope I make it to then!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

You should take a vacation to Vegas Sometime after the 29th of Aug until like Sept 2nd or 3rd. Then I can see you! We thought we'd be out longer but we're poor and Scott has to work. So we'll likely head to St George the last wed of Aug and leave maybe Labor Day. We'll drive down to Vegas one day because I really wanna see Ash. I miss my friends so much! But seriously... take a vacation then :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones