Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Busy Bee

Albertsons. Target. Supercuts. Limon. Cardio Barre. Gold's Gym. 24 Hour Fitness. TGIFridays. Bare Minerals. Babies R Us. Starbucks. Coffee Bean. Salon Centric. Kohls. Petco. Costco. Macy's. EVERY salon in Simi Valley. These are just a few of the places I've tried to get a job at. It is rough out there. Super rough.

I had no idea until I literally started to pound the pavement and applied to everywhere I could find. And heard nothing back from anybody. Once in a while I would get a thanks but no thanks email. From Target for example. When you have a ton of experience and a college degree and Target is rejecting you it's a bad day. Believe me.

I actually got an interview with Macy's a few weeks ago. An interview?! That is the most promising thing I'd had so far. I'm going to toot my own horn and say that I've never interviewed for a job and not gotten it. Never.

So, I interviewed at Macy's. I was in full form. We laughed, we agreed. I really thought my interviewer and myself made a connection. I didn't want to start counting my chickens before they hatched, but I did. I started counting. I waited and waited to hear from them. And then I finally received an email. That said thanks, but no thanks.

To say that I was crushed is an understatement. I was mortified. What went wrong? I didn't understand. After a lot of crying, and pondering on my life and it's current path I picked myself up and kept applying. And applying. Still nothing promising. Talk about feeling rejected.

And then on Friday I got a call. From Macy's. Asking if I wanted to come in and interview for a different position. A better position. I went. And I got it. Yay!! My hopes were not so high this time. I thought the interview went well, but I thought that about the first one so I really wasn't sure. So far my first few days have been filled with computer training. In a room by myself. Not so much fun, I'm not going to lie. But I'm so happy to be working there I don't even care. I'm so happy to be working in general.

I was so focused on getting a job that I didn't stop to think about how I would feel after being in school all day and then working at night. Well I'll tell you how I feel. Tired. I am tired. It's going to take some getting used to.

This unfortunately means not so much Brynlee time. Which is a bummer, and I'm adjusting to that too. But I have to think long term goals. I'm going to school to have a career I can plan around my kids. In order to go to school I need to work to pay for it. So, here I am. This will all be worth it a few months from now.

But as of right now, I am one busy bee!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones