Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today


Today was a day where I wondered

How many times I can tell Brynlee to leave her shoes on in the car

How many times can I say "no" to one person

How long this food war that has started will rage on. I guess I deserve it, I was a picky eater and still am.

How long Brynlee's sleep sack will keep her from climbing out of her crib because that is now the only thing keeping her in there.

How it would feel to have no responsibility and to be young and carefree again.

How strange it is that sleeping in now seems like a dream from long ago.

How funny I sounded to other people when I said things like "My children will never _______" (insert pretty much any verb here).

But most of all I wondered how it's possible to love something as much as I do my daughter. Despite the fact that I have to put her socks and shoes on 15 times a day.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones