Sunday, March 11, 2012

In Case you Were Wondering

I've often been questioned about the sports teams I cheer for. I'm not sure why anyone really cares, but they seem too. I find myself rooting for Boston teams. Baseball, hockey, football... and yes sometimes basketball. I've never lived in Boston. I've only been there a handful of times. Yet their teams hold my heart.

I was talking to Jimmy about this the other day. I was trying to explain to him why I cheer for those teams, mainly over my hometown LA ones.

Growing up most of my family lived in Massachusetts. Today it is still that way. Being so far away from family is really hard. Being a country away, and only seeing each other so often I found that I didn't have a lot in common with my family. But this I could share with them. Cheering for the same sports teams they did made me feel close to them. And it still does.

I know it sounds strange. But I like to know when I'm in California watching a Red Sox game that probably most my family is 3,000 miles away watching the same thing. Even though we are not together, we are watching together. I like LA teams just as much as the next person. They are much easier to follow than Boston teams, that is for sure! But Boston teams are comforting and feel like home to me.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones