Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hot Water

I got my first ticket this weekend. Not too bad considering I've been driving for 11 years now! As someone how works 35 miles from my house, I spend a lot of time on the road. So, of course I got my first ticket about 4 miles from my house. Go figure.

I wasn't speeding, or running a red light. I wasn't swerving in and out of traffic, or cutting someone off. I was talking on my cell phone. Yep, I'm one of those. I'm not sure why I still do it, when I know it's illegal. And illegal for a good reason! I agree, it's totally unsafe. Yet I do it anyway. And I got busted.

The police officer was really nice. He asked me if it was an emergency. I lied and told him yes I just found out my husband was in the hospital. I'm kidding. I didn't lie. First off, I'm terrible at it. I'm not a good liar, and I take pride in that. Really think about it. If you are a good liar, what does that say about you? Second, I hate liars and being lied to. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I did the crime, now I've got to do the time.

The police officer was so nice that he neglected to notice I had no seat belt on, and my insurance card expired in January (I have current insurance, just not a current insurance card). Or he noticed and didn't write any of that on my ticket. When all is said and done I can't blame the guy for writing me a ticket. I was hoping the cute baby in the back seat would help get me off the hook. I guess I'll just blame Brynlee for this one... :)

Now onto a different type of hot water. Everyone has visions in their head of how their dream house will look. I want a porch that I can sit on and drink lemonade/crystal light/diet coke. I want a nice green lawn in the front yard and the back. I want a spa sized bathtub. I love taking a bath. To me, there is nothing greater after a long hard day then sinking chin deep in hot bubbly water.

Unfortunately, since Jimmy and I have been married we have not had a functioning bathtub. Yes that is 5 years with no bathtub. I hate it. At this point it seems like a bathtub is just a pipe dream (pun intended).

In the house we are in now, Robbie's bathroom has a small bathtub that he lets me get in when the day has been really bad. He lets me give Brynlee baths in there now too because she is too big for her infant tub so he is a trooper about it. But it would be nice to have my own normal sized bathtub that I could do up girly style with candles and scents and stuff. At least I have access to a pool and spa here, and when I was pregnant there were many times when I hopped in the spa to soothe my aching body.

I'm sure one day soon I'll have a bathtub. I mean those are pretty standard, it's really just complete bad luck that we have not had one for 5 years. Until then I'll go to bed with visions of bath salts and bubble bath in my head!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

I want a nice big bath tub. My parents have a jetted one. I think that maybe someday we could remodel my bathroom or maybe put one in the bathroom that will eventually go in the basement. But then I think about trying to clean it and all the water it will use. I could also take out my walk in closet to make me a bigger bathroom but not really sure I wanna give that up. I could even deal with a nice 20 in deep one like at our old house in Simi. Loved that tub! But I like you will keep dreaming and not taking baths unless I want to cram into our little ones. Someday!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones