Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Choosing Poorly

As more people in my life started making poor decisions I got to thinking.

Really, what goes through these people's minds? Of course I'm not going to name names or describe specific incidents. But honestly how long can you sit back and watch someone make the same mistakes over and over again?

I'm not sure which is worse, that they make stupid choices or that I still care that they make stupid choices.

I realize I have no room to talk because I've made my fair share of poor choices. But I do stupid things without knowing it. IE reversing into people's cars...After the incident has occurred I realize, "Hey that was really stupid!".

In the face of decisions I don't consciously make the wrong choice, knowing it's wrong and that I'll regret it later.

Yet some people do this (repeatedly) and it baffles me. Why? Why do they do this. Does anyone know? I'd love to hear some thoughts on it because I do not get it.

2 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

I think a lot of it is almost laziness. It takes a lot of effort and thinking to make right choices and sometimes it just easier to do whatever appeals to you. Do whatever it is the "natural man" inside you wants to do. Its so easy just to act on something and not think about the consequence but eventually you will have to deal with that. I think most people that make poor decisions only think in the moment but its those people who spend their lives trying to clean up after every poor decision. They could have a life of freedom and happiness if they would just take the time to think a little ahead..... so yeah.... those are my thoughts :)

yabe said...

i agree with Audrey....i think its just easier to make mistakes than bringing yourself to do the right thing?but of course, that doesn't make it right, but i guess people just wouldn't want to make the effort to do whats right...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones