Thursday, July 29, 2010

Witness!

Jimmy and I received witness subpoenas in the mail today! I never thought I'd be so excited to receive something like that. But they've called us to be witnesses in the case against the man who stole Jimmy's car.

I guess it's not very Christ like of me, but I really want him to rot in jail for a LONG time!

All the grief and worry he caused us...ugh. And it's not like he and his trashy friends left the car undamaged either. There are cigarette burns and stains all over the seats. Really, how hard is it to put a cigarette out in an ashtray? And every possession Jimmy had in there is gone. So it will be nice to see this guy face to face as they lock him up.

Except I have a problem. Work. Ah yes, my ride on the maternity leave express is coming to an end. Now not only do I have to worry about getting a date off, but I have to worry about a sitter for Brynlee as well. So there is a good chance if I don't have to I might not go to the hearing. They don't really need both Jimmy and I there right? It sure would be fun though. Unlike the last time I had to go to the courthouse to serve jury duty and was never picked.

Brynlee is still doing well in the hospital. I, on the other hand am not. I've started talking and singing to inanimate objects in the hospital room. The nurses come in to check up on us and I ask them to sit and stay a while because I'm so desperate. People are not meant to be kept in a room for hours and hours on end. By the end of the day I have some serious brain pain. Safe to stay I'm starting to go a little nuts.

Poor Brynlee is starting to go nuts too I think. She hasn't seen the outside world for almost 2 weeks. And she is chained via IV to this one corner of the room as well. Bless her heart she has been a trooper, but the lack of stimulation is wearing on her.

For anyone who is curious, trying to entertain a 2 month old in a crappy hospital room for lengthy periods of time is not pleasant. But at least she is getting better, and we are counting down until we can put this all behind us. 3 and 1/2 days to go!!!

This month has not been a great one for us all things considered. It's usually one of my favorites, but this year I'm happy to say " Peace out July!".

3 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

hahaha... I'm in the house quite a bit just cuz the heat and random thunderstorms and stuff so I kinda feel ya there. I'm here if you can ever call... instead of talking to inanimate objects you can just talk to another crazy lady. Plus all Charlotte wants to do is watch sing alongs so I think I'm going insane from having disney songs stuck in my head 24/7 and watching the same one 2 or 3 times a day.

Heather and Spencer said...

I am home if you need someone to talk to too! GLad things are starting to look up! I agree with you about wanting to go to that hearing...I would totally want to go so I could say I personally had something to do with those guys going to jail. If you need help with Brynlee, I am home!

Kaye said...

I don't know if you trust me....you've seen how your nephews are, but we'd love to take your little girl....court or nap or errands, I would love to get my girl fix....seriously!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones