Monday, July 12, 2010

Kodak Moment

This weekend was a wild one for me. My friend Chloe got married, and I was a bridesmaid. It was quite an event! The rehearsal dinner was Friday afternoon, then we all drove down to San Diego. The bridal part stayed the night at a hotel, and Chloe and Tanner were married in the San Diego Temple Saturday morning. Then we all drove back to Simi for the reception that night. Whew.

It was exhausting, but lots of fun. It was my first overnight experience being away from Brynlee. By Saturday afternoon I was dying to see here, and by the end of the reception that night I could not get home fast enough. Jimmy took care of Brynlee the whole time, and looks to have done an amazing job! Not that I ever doubted him...ok maybe I did just a little bit. But he was super Dad for sure!






Chloe looked absolutely beautiful. I'd post a picture, but I don't have one. Not that I didn't bring my camera. I brought it all right. I just didn't take a single picture the whole time. I'm so terrible at that. Why? I've always been bad at taking pictures, but it seems I'm just getting worse and worse. This explains the lack of pictures on my blog...

I usually remember to take my camera. It's just the taking pictures part I'm not good at. Most of the pictures on here are ones other people have taken.

On a different topic, it wouldn't be my blog without a little venting, right? I'm now 7 weeks post partum, and am completely fed up with my post partum body. I will admit my body adjusted pretty well all things considered, but I'm far from my pre baby size and it's driving me nuts.

What drives me even more nuts is when people tell me I just had a baby and I shouldn't expect to look the way I did. Is that supposed to make me feel better? If so, it doesn't. Am I just supposed to resign myself to the fact that I'll never look the way I used to? Sorry, not happening.

I know it's only been about 2 months, but I have NO patience when it comes to stuff like this. Plus I'm tired of wearing the same 3 pairs of pants/shorts everyday because they are all I can squeeze my way into and I refuse to by new clothes at this point.

Come on body, work with me here!

3 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

I got lucky and my pre-pregnancy body was worse than my post pregnancy...minus a few stretch marks and if you call that lucky. And when I saw you on the verge of delivering you looked pretty dang good so you should stop complaining :)

Heather and Spencer said...

I get wanting to be back in shape after having a baby...easier said then done. I hated hearing it but it does make sense...think of it this way "9 months in, 9 months out." It took a long time to put all the weight on, so it should take some time to get it off. Or you could be like me, keep eating the same way you did while nursing even after you stop and gain weight! You look great and like you never had a baby, so I wouldnt worry if I were you!

Rachel said...

Liz, I totally understand. I know it takes time to lose. I know I just had a baby, I know its healthy. But I just want to wear my old clothes again! I have refused to buy anything because I thought it was a waste of money. But I just now gave in. Wearing the same pair of pants that are always falling down gets old. Good luck with everything!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones