Friday, March 13, 2009

Books and Thoughts a Plenty!

I realized I haven't reviewed any of the books I've read recently.

So, I've read:

Jack and Jill, by James Paterson:
This is an old one. I didn't realize how old this book was until they made mention of Princess Di still being alive. So if anyone was going to read it, they probably already did. It is one of books in the Alex Cross series, and it was ok. Not great. But Ok. I've read other James Paterson books ( like The Quicke, that was so good!) and liked them, but the books in the Alex Cross series seem to lag until the last 100 pages or so. Yet I keep reading them though!

The Host, by Stephenie Myer:
I finally read this one. I was actually at Borders a few weeks back, and I had this book in my hand. I was about to buy it when I realized that spending $25 on about 3 days of entertainment wasn't really a good bargain. So I've been trying to find someone to borrow it from ever since. It was very good, and such a unique story line. It's not like anything I've ever read before. Stephenie Myer sure does have a great imagination.

Vampire Academy,( books 1,2 &3) by Richelle Mead:
Well, I think these books are meant for teenagers. However I absolutely loved them. All of them. These are the books that consumed my weekend. They are quick and easy reads, keep you entertained the whole time and leave you desperately wanting more. I'm going to dare say I liked them more than the Twilight series. Yep, I said it. I COULD NOT put these books down. Unfortunately the series isn't finished, and the next book doesn't come out until August 2009, so I have to wait until then. It's driving me nuts, only 5 more months to go! The hot guy character from these books, Dimitri Belikov makes Edward Cullen seem like old news. I find myself suddenly having a thing for Russian guys...

The book I'm reading now is lagging big time, but I keep hoping it will pick up! It's a Jodi Picoult novel and it comes highly recommended so I'm going to keep with it.

On a completely different topic, my computer at home makes me want to throw things.

I consider myself pretty patient, but my computer at home really pushes my buttons. To the point where I don't even get on it anymore. This explains the lack of pictures on here or on my facebook account.

Just trying to start up the internet at home is a 10 min ordeal. I used to think it was the internet connection, but Robbie has no problems. So it must be our dinosaur of a computer. I guess we need to get a new one. I keep waiting for the money tree on my desk at work (I do actually have a live money tree) to start sprouting dollar bills rather than leaves. So far no luck.

Not that the dollar bills would last long in my office of thieves. We've had a few incidents where things have gone missing around work recently. The lady I sit next to was selling candy bars for $1 each for her grandson's school. By the time the box was empty she was $20 short! Someone took 20 candy bars and didn't pay for them.

Yesterday I went to eat lunch to find it missing. Someone had snatched it right out of the freezer. It was crappy lean cuisine, not even anything good. If you are going to steal someone's lunch, at least take a good one!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones