As my 25th birthday is looming just around the corner, I can't help but reflect on my life up to this point. I've always considered 25 to be one of those monumental birthdays. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because when you are in High School they always ask you where you picture yourself when you are 25.
Man, it wasn't here that is for sure! While I feel like I have accomplished some very important things (marriage, school) I also feel like I'm behind on many others.
I haven't traveled anywhere. I thought for sure I would have been to Europe by now.
I graduated, but am working at a mediocre job that pays crap. I was much happier working at a fun job that paid crap.
I haven't really done anything to make a difference. I haven't run a marathon for cancer, or volunteered at a Nursing Home.
I haven't lived out of state, or even out of Simi Valley for that matter.
I don't feel anymore prepared to be a Mother than I did when I was 15 years old (I'm thinking for me I won't ever feel fully prepared)
And what is the worst about all this is that it's completely my fault.
So I'm left to wonder if I was over zealous when I cooked up these dreams and plans in my younger years or if I'm just lazy and didn't care enough to go after the things I used to want. I think it may be a bit of both.
On to a lighter topic...
In honor of my 25 years I was going to list 25 things you might not know about me, but I'm not sure I can think of that many so I'll do 10 instead.
1. I love bread. People who are close to me probably already know this, but I love bread just plain. I don't need butter or anything like that. One of my favorite things is a plain un toasted bagel, with no cream cheese.
2. I'm really weird about feet, mine especially. I don't like them to be touched. Pedicures are more like a torture device than an enjoyable experience. I can't stand un painted toe nails. I also can't stand it when my feet are dirty. I hardly ever walk bare foot anywhere. Even in my house, I'm always wearing sandals or slippers.
3. I'm a huge pack rat/slob, but am OCD with strange things. Like if there is a stack of books somewhere, and they aren't organized with the larger books on the bottom and the smaller books on top it drives me nuts. At the bowling alley I'm constantly moving the balls around in the ball return so there is an even amount on both sides.
4. I am desperately afraid of confrontation. Desperately. I'll do pretty much anything to avoid it. If I do actually stand up for myself and lose my temper I'll spend the next couple of hours pondering on whether I did the right thing or not.
5. I can watch Sex and the City (TBS version) over and over again. In fact I do, every time it's on. Poor Jimmy can even recite the episodes now.
6. When I’m nervous I hold my hands together in an odd manner. Jimmy calls this “nervous hand grab”. He can always tell when I’m uncomfortable with something.
7. I can get lost just about anywhere. Seriously. I am TERRIBLE with directions. I got lost going to the T.O. mall once. And yes, I've lived in Simi Valley all my life.
8. I can probably out eat anyone you see. And when I was younger, I used to. But since then I've learned to curve my appetite. But if I let my appetite go un checked, you will be astonished at how much I can shove in.
9. I am possibly one of the most un athletic people you've ever met. I've tried a barrage of sports, and sucked at everyone. You'd think due to the height and long limbs I'd be a good runner or something, but nope. I don't get it. I have decent coordination, so it's a mystery to me.
10. Lastly, my arms bend weird. I must be missing a ligament or something in my shoulder, because they do really strange things. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make a profit off of it...
Waiting for James to arrive!
3 years ago