Thursday, November 7, 2013

Control Freak

Somehow I married a control freak. Just kidding, he's not that bad. But he does like to be in control of things. His whole family is like that...you can imagine how family get togethers go. Not really the go with the flow kind of people, LOL.

But seriously somehow I spawned a control freak. Or maybe it's a toddler thing? She wants to do everything, she wants to pick everything. She wants to do it "all by herself". If I had a dollar every time I heard that phrase, I'd have enough money to hire a nanny! Just kidding, I wouldn't hire a nanny. But I would have a ton of money.

She has started to give me grief about her clothes now. I get things out to get her dressed and nooooo she doesn't want to wear that. She wants to wear a ridiculous outfit that doesn't match in color or the weather. A battle ensues. I guess I could let her dress herself, but I don't want to. I don't want her to look crazy! So maybe I'm a bit of a control freak too.

One of our biggest battles is over nails.Yes, nail polish. I know, what a stupid thing to fight over right? Well, we DUKE it out every time we do nails. To the point where I stopped doing nails with her. First, she wants to do it. Surprise. If it was clear, maybe. But the idea of my 3 year old armed with bright pink nail polish is just scary. So, we came to an agreement that I would paint her nails and she could pick the color. And put dots on. Every time I paint her nails with her colors she picked she decides oh no. She wants different colors. I tell her too bad she picked the other colors. She takes this well.

In case you are wondering she has her own 3 year old appropriate nail polish. She is allowed to do her nails with that nail polish, at the appropriate time. However, after repeatedly painting on things that were not her nails with said nail polish ( ie my TV!!!!!) I had to take it away from her.

She went through a growth spurt and suddenly none of her clothes fit her. We went clothes shopping the other day and saw the cutest pair of shoes ever. She would not get them. I even had her try them on. Nope, not going to wear them. Such a stinker. She instead had her heart set on hot pink cowgirl boots. I, thinking that they were not the most versatile of shoe said no. We battled about that for a little while, and I gave in. I guess she knows what's up because she looks so freaking cute in them I could eat her up. Every time she puts them on I just want to squeeze her. Maybe I need to let her be in control more often. But not when it comes to hot pink nail polish!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

Charlotte used to be like that. I'd let her wear whatever. Sometimes it was crazy then she eventually started to ask if it matched. Then it led to her asking me to match up each outfit and keeping it folded in her drawer matching (the way I have Jackson's organized)so she could easily dress herself and not look like she's trying to start some crazy trend. I'm sure she'll grow out of it but really, it's not that bad. It's kind of cute what they come up with. Sometimes I could give her a couple options and if she felt she was picking it that way it helped and we got closer to matching. Picking shoes is fun too. That's where having little money comes in handy or if we get hand me downs. Her choices get narrow really quick :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones