Saturday, February 11, 2012

In Demand

At school we have a rotation we work through to get clients. It goes alphabetically. We will start with all the A last names, and work our way through. If we end the day on L, we will start with L the next day. If clients want a particular student to do their services, they can request us. But they have to pay an extra $2 charge.

A few of my classmates already have their share of "regulars" who request them whenever they come it. It basically means the client liked what you did, and wants to pay extra money to come back to you to do it again. I feel like I do a decent job with most stuff, but have had no repeat clients. Until Friday. Friday morning I got called, and it was out of order for our alphabet list so I was confused. When I got up there, I saw a client I had last month that I absolutely loved, and that tipped really well too. Yay!!! My first request! I was soo excited. It made my day. It made me feel confident. And it made me feel like I'm doing something right.

I was feeling defeated on Thursday. Hair school is one of those things where you think you are pretty good at it, and then you go to school with a bunch of people who are also pretty good at it. And in my case better at it. It's funny because it's those people with the talent that don't want this to work nearly as bad as I do. Isn't that they way it always goes? But to be honest I was starting to question a bit what I was doing.

But that changed on Friday with that request. I may only have one, but I have a regular now. Hopefully she will be joined by some others. I've had my first taste of success. Ah how sweet it is. :)

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

Okay seriously... don't be so hard on yourself. You are VERY talented when it comes to hair. Plus there is so much that goes into all the aspects of being a hairdresser. The science behind coloring, the skill to cutting and the design of hair-dos...it's a lot to learn! But you're awesome so no need to worry :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones