Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Little Time

This past weekend Jimmy and I went away just the two of us. Well just the two of us and some of my co workers. We went on my President's Club trip!

We got a free 2 night stay at this beauty:



The La Costa Resort and Spa

And we got a $130 room credit. Which we proceeded to eat our way though. We got room service, we hit the mini bar, we ordered movies. We did whatever we wanted. And it was all free!

On Saturday we hung out by the pool for a while. Jimmy decided to go down this slide. I watched from the bottom. Water slides and I don't mix. It's too hot in those tubes, and when you fly out into the water your bathing suit goes up your butt. Meanwhile, the life guard is yelling at you to get out of the water so the next person can go. No thanks! But Jimmy had a good time.



What did we do with the baby you ask? Well, we stuck her in her crib with a few bottles and hit the road! Just kidding. Obliviously. My wonderful parents watched her for us, and showed her the time of her life. She seemed to have a blast.

All and all it was one of the best weekends I've had. A few funny resort facts:

- our breakfast that we ordered was $56. Yep $56!

- There was a phone in our bathroom and Jimmy thought he would call my cell phone from it. It went straight to voice mail because I did not have any service. But the phone call ended up costing $10!

- Our room had a huge bathtub. I took 4 baths in 2 days. You know how I feel about baths! And, I proceeded to eat a box of Jr Mints and drink a diet coke while in the bathtub. If you can't do that kind of thing when you are on vacation, when can you do it?

-They had a game room for kids. Complete with free ski ball, ping pong, basketball, xboxs and pool. We played the basketball game and I won. Yay!

3 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

I love that you ate jr mints while in the tub. That's awesome. And I can't believe that call cost $10! And it wasn't a real call! So fun though! I'd love a weekend away like that. So relaxing and so nice! So where was this place you stayed? Pretty sweet! I can't believe how much it is to eat through hotel's sometimes. We ate at this Mother's Day buffet the day after we got married at the Grand America in SLC and it cost us $112 for both. I had no idea it was gonna cost that much but I tell you, that was the best money I ever spent on food. So so good.

Liz Cuillard said...

Wow $112 for a buffet!? Sometimes you just gotta do it. On our honeymoon we ate at hte hotel restaruant and spent like $60. And we split! But the food was soo tasty. Still the best steak I've had to this day.

Audrey Spence said...

Yeah, it was a lot but Grand America is Utah's only 5 star hotel so I thought it'd be expensive but didn't think that much. It was huge though. The biggest buffet I had ever seen in my life. There must have been at least a couple hundred people there and most likely more. Their mother's day buffet is a big deal I guess. I figured since we were just doing a road trip to CO and WY we'd have the money to splurge this once. It's so fun to do that. Glad to hear you guys had a fun trip. You need things like that every now and again!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones