Monday, June 27, 2011

Green Grass

Staycation is over, and I'm bummed! I had a LOT of fun. More than I expected to have really. We went to the LA Zoo on Friday, went to the pool a few times and went to the park a ton of times.

I went to the movies with some friends and even got some baby free time there. I saw Super 8. It was good, but scary! Really a lot scarier than I expected. I do not do scary movies well. But I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed getting out of the movie and knowing that I was free the next day and didn't have to work. That was the best part of all.

Staycation ended with a girls night on Saturday night. I love girls. Have I said that before? I think it's funny when girls say they get along with guys better. Really? Ugh. They are so gross... I've always been a girls girl. We painted our nails (including Brynlee's toes) and watched the Notebook. While eating chocolate chip cookies and lots of assorted junk food. Really you can't beat that.

Now I'm back and work and Brynlee is back in day care. Bringing her in today was tough. She didn't seem to mind, buy I minded. I miss her. It's so strange, when I'm with her all the time I complain when I don't get a break. The grass is always greener I guess.

Brynlee is walking all over the place. Conflicted about what kind of shoes to get her, I decided to be better safe that sorry and opted for Stride Rites. Oh boy. How can something so small be so expensive? Although they did measure her foot and watch her walk and make sure it was a good fit. Turns out she is a 4.5 and I was squishing her feet into size 4 shoes. I guess that explains why her feet were all red when I took off her shoes! Duh... Don't worry, I know what you are thinking. The fact that I'm responsible for someone else's life now freaks me out too.

Now she has some shoes that actually fit and doesn't seem to mind them too much. She still sits down and tugs at them a bit. And when she is sitting in her car seat she undoes the Velcro and kicks her legs all over until the shoes fly off. I had her in Target with me on Saturday and noticed she only had 1 sandal on. Sure enough if the other one wasn't sitting in the next aisle over. All I need is to lose one of those VERY expensive baby shoes!

Brynlee found a hair tie the other day on the floor. She walked over to me and held the hair tie up to her head. Ah victory! I'm not saying she likes me fixing her hair, but at least she has come to peace with the fact that I'm going to do it anyway! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones