Monday, March 21, 2011

Reflection

This is my last post as a 26 year old! Tomorrow, I turn 27 and am officially in my mind in my late 30's. I kept thinking today about how different my life is from this time last year.

Mainly due to one thing. My crazy little baby. They say having a baby is a lot of work. But you don't really know that until you know. You know? :) I think about how much I've matured in the past year. I think in all my life this has been the most drastic year. I've realized how important some things are, like health. Because we were all sick this weekend. Again. Curse you day care!

But I've also learned that there are many things that are just not important. And life is too short to let them bother me. Putting that into practice is another story. It's hard to un learn 26 soon to be 27 years of habit. But at least now I recognize the need.

As I look at my life at 27 it's not exactly what I pictured. But it's pretty close. I have a job and a husband and a baby and a cat. We all share 1 room (ok didn't picture that...). What more could I ask for really? Besides an additional room in which to put baby... and cat... and sometimes husband? I'm pretty happy with the way things are going and don't have much room to complain.

I look in the mirror and see some bags under my eyes that didn't used to be there 5 years ago. But they are well earned. They give me character? Ok that part of getting older does suck. But what can you do? I don't physically look the way I'd like to, but I'm getting there. Slowly but surely. Thanks to a rather large baby and pilates I actually have some biceps now! They are not huge, but they are the largest I've ever had.

I think 27 is going to be great, and am excited to get it started.

With my birthday tomorrow Brynlee turns 10 months. When she was born I remember thinking how funny it is that her birthday is May 22 and mine is March 22. Like someone was trying to make it easy for my husband to remember our birthdays and keep them straight.

She is 20lbs and I think 30 inches. Her 12 month pants are beginning to look like capris rather than pants. And her baby Buddha belly is hanging out of some of her 12 month shirts. She is just big. I got her some 12 month summer outfits a while ago, stupidly thinking she could wear them when she was actually 12 months. Next heat wave we get I'm shoving her into 3 outfits per day so at least she can wear them all once!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

I've learned your kid doesn't have to be in daycare to get sick all the time. Nursery helps just as much! Although its not necessarily Charlotte that's sick all the time. I have never been sick as much as I have this year. I just got over something and I'm sick again. I might go back to the dr. because I'm wondering if something is wrong with me. I dunno. It's weird. And I think Brynlee should teach Charlotte to gain weight. Charlotte was only 21 lbs at her appt a couple weeks ago and she'll be 2 next month! Geez... I wish I could fatten her up!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones