Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks X 100000000

Despite the fact that I haven't joined the party of people saying what they are thankful for this month, I do have a lot that I'm grateful for.

This year will not go down in the books as the best one in my mind unfortunately. It's been tough it a lot of ways. If I were to make a list more bad things happened than good I'd have to say. But there is one big one on that good list that overshadows the rest.

I'm so thankful to have a HEALTHY baby girl. After the several health scares we had, I can't believe how lucky I really am. Her heart has been fine since birth, despite the fetal heart arrhythmia she had. And, despite being deathly ill and in the hospital for 2 weeks ( probably the worst 2 weeks of my life) she appears to have escaped the illness with no side effects.

We are still do testing on here every few months so her progress can be monitored, but as of right now she is just perfect.

I think back to this time last year, and remember how sick I was. And how much I just wanted to die everyday. All because of a little rice grain sized life, sex and name TBD. Now, here is Brynlee 6 months old and stealing hearts everywhere we go ( including mine every day).

I'm thankful to not be pregnant and puking during the holidays, that is for sure. I plan on eating waaaay too much tonight and enjoying every bit of it.

I'm thankful for my family, and the fact that they stick by me through my crazy mood swings, temper tantrums ( there have been a few of those...) and crazy antics.

I'm thankful to live in this country. I often think about how lucky I was to be born here. You can't control where you are born. Think of all those people who live in oppressive places and dream of coming to America. And I just popped out here. I think we take that for granted sometimes. I'll pay my taxes happily if it means I can stay here.

I'm thankful that I get today off, one of just 3 holidays we have this year. I guess it's better than no holidays right?

Most of all I' thankful for Thanksgiving, a day that forces us to reflect on the positive in our lives rather than the negative. That helps us to see how much we have instead of what we are missing.

Thank you Thanksgiving, for helping me to remember how much I really have to be thankful for.

Lets eat!!!! ( I know it's only 9:30 am here but on this day I start eating early!)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones