Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why Tivo, Why?

I think I'm a 14 year old trapped in a 26 year old body sometimes. I love Taylor Swift, I love most all things Twilight and I have 3 shows I watch regularly. Jeopardy, 90210 and the Vampire Diaries. You notice that one doesn't quite fit the mold there.

Anyhow, I love love love Vampire Diaries. I look forward to it all week long, and when Thursday rolls around I get so excited. It is by far my favorite show. I've even gotten Robbie and Jimmy to watch a bit of it with me ( they pretended not to like it, but I'm not so sure that is the case...)

Tivo/DVR is a fairly new idea to me, we never had anything like that when I was growing up. If you wanted to watch a show, you watched it live time, commercials and all. After being spoiled by my DVR now, I don't watch much of anything live time.

There have been 3 instances when the DVR has stabbed me in the back by not recording a show properly. Chunks of the show go missing, or the show didn't record all together. Guess what show all three instances have happened on? Yep, you guessed it. Vampire Diaries.

I HATE sitting down giddy with excitement to watch my show only to turn it on and have 3/4 of it be missing. It fills me with a rage most people don't have for in animate objects.

Why, why is it always on my show? Jimmy records like 20 shows ( no joke). He is always recording something. Do you think the DVR has ever screwed him over? Or Robbie for that matter? Nope, just me. I thought maybe it was the channel, but we record other stuff off that channel and have not had any issues. It feels like that DVR is out to get me. So far the score is DVR:3, Me:0...

Lesson learned, I'm watching that show live time from now on! No one call me or ask me to do something on Thursday nights at 8pm, I'm busy!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

Well I don't watch vampire diaries but I watch america's next top model but never can watch anything live so I watch it on the internet. Just watch it on there. It takes up to 3 days for them to post it online but its nice to do it on your own time. cwtv.com.... we're buddies... along with nbc.com and fox.com


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones