Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Years Wiser

I'm not usually a mushy person. I'm an emotional person, but I'm not an over the top proclaiming my love type of person.

But sometimes it's warranted.

Today is Jimmy's 30th birthday! I can't believe it. I remember when he was turning 25secretly thinking he was so old! I was glad I wasn't that old yet...the maturity of a 21 year old coming out there.

Anyhow, I can't believe how much he has grown and changed since I've known him. All for the better if you ask me. He looks better each year too. You get to a point in life where your looks start going down hill rather than improving each year. I think he is the exception to that.

He was always teased for looking young, and now it's coming in handy. When we are in our 50's I'll look like a cougar and he'll probably finally look 30!

Here are some things I love about my 30 year old:

1.I love that he pretends he cares about things, even though he doesn't. He humors me if you will. He will be the first to admit that he doesn't have a ton of emotion (except anger...), but for my sake he listens to my stories and pretends he cares because he know is it means a lot to me.

2. He is AMAZING with our daughter. I could not ask for a better father for my kid. He loves her to death, and it's obvious that she loves him. He is not a stand by and watch dad, he is a hands on parent. From changing, to feeding, to bathing to clothing he does it all happily. When she was in the hospital, he was the one holding her when they did the spinal tap because I couldn't handle it. He takes her to get all her shots. He is soft enough to be tender with her, but strong enough to be there for her when I'm not.

3. Ever eager to serve, he helps anyone who asks. Special Olympics, service projects, gardeners that are working in our complex. He helps old ladies cross the street, and gives Jehovah Witnesses water bottles while politely declining their reading material. I could list times all day long where he was willing to go out of his way to help someone.

4. He is honest to a fault. Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow. I used to see this as being rude, and sometimes still do. ;) But it's a necessary one. Lying to me, and lying to himself doesn't get him anywhere and he knows this.

5. He held my hair back and waited for me with mouthwash for 5 months while I puked all day long. He put up with my crying spells, and rage full fits for 9 months. When I was in labor with Brynlee he helped me up to pee all night long because I was strapped to so many monitors it was hard to do it myself.

6. When our garbage disposal got a hole in it the other day, he cleaned out under the sink. You can imagine how pleasant that was, old food spewed all over the place. But he did it without complaint and now under our sink looks sparkling and new

7. Lastly, he is super hot! And just gets better looking each year. I'm excited to show him off at the retirement home when we get there.

Love you Hun, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

I can't believe he's 30 already and we're creeping up on 27 in a few months....I miss you guys so much. The sarcasm is one thing I really miss. And its funny, although sometimes it seems Jimmy only shows anger... he really is one of the nicest people you could ever meet... as long as you're not cutting him off on the freeway or something :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones