Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Give Up

The other day I had a vision. I imagined a place where clothing actually fit me. Where things were attractive yet comfortable. When I went into a store, I tried on 1 pair of pants and they were absolutely perfect in everyway.

Then.... reality hit.

I used to like shopping for clothes. What girl doesn't? But in the past years it really seems to be more grief than it's worth. I need to learn to sew and just make all my stuff, because clothes do not fit me. I've always had issues, but now I have even more issues.

One size of pants is too small, the next size is too big. One size of shirt fits in the length, but it is too tight in the shoulders. The next size up fits in the shoulders but is more like a dress than a top. I come from the " just because you can get it on doesn't mean it fits" way of thinking.

Maybe it's me? I'll admit that I can be picky. I want what I want... is that so bad?

I'm starting to understand nudist colonies more and more. Except that would never work because I'm not a "naked" person.

I went shopping last weekend and ended up with some cute stuff. But it was really like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I tried on probably 25 pairs of pants, to end up with 2 that semi fit me. They start out fitting in the morning, but by the end of they day they've grown substantially. You get to a point where you have to just settle for something or end up wearing shorts in the rain...

I can't imagine that I'm the only person who has this problem? I know i'm not built like the average girl, but really who is? Sasquatch women need clothes too!

Speaking of sasquatch, my poor kid. I've bestowed by genes upon her apparently. She is now in the 95% percentile for height. She is freshly 5 months and has been wearing 6-9 month clothes for the past 3 weeks. Everyone who sees her thinks she is at least 6 months old.

I guess the frustration of trying to find clothes that fit will bridge the generations!

3 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

I hate shopping. I even hate maternity clothes shopping, when it is ok to be fat. I feel for you in shopping for Brynlee too! Ryan is really tall for his age and things that fit his waist are about 5-6 inches too short, shirts that fit width-wise are too short and the sleeves are halfway up to his elbows! The only thing I have found to help his situation is the adjustable waistband in pants. Unfortunately, they tend to be more expensive. Gap has great ones as well as The Childrens Place...good luck!

Rachel said...

can i say i feel for you? but in the short persons way? apparently all short girls are suppose to have extremely small waists. not that mine is huge, but especially after having a baby, i either get the muffin top with everything or it is so big i am pulling it up all the time. lame.

yet cory can go to a store find pants that are a certain size and buy them without trying them on because he knows they will fit. ugh. good luck with it all!

Audrey Spence said...

That's why I end up with shirts that are probably a little too big but my chest is bigger so its ok and don't even get me started on jeans. Same issues with Charlotte too. She's always been 95th percentile for height and about 20th for weight so we do leggings really well. Shirts are usually barely long enough but if I go a size up its huge cuz she's skinny. Pants aren't long enough and HUGE in the waste. She made me take off a pair of 18 month pants yesterday because they kept sliding down her tiny waist (wish that was my problem) but like heather I've come across a couple cheap adjustable waistband jeans but luckily girls can do leggings and we like that :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones