Friday, October 8, 2010

It's a Girl Thing

Jimmy and I spend a lot of time watching TV together. That's right I said it. I could lie to you and tell you that we hike together, train for marathons together, build things together, help the homeless together... you get the idea.

But I won't tell you that because it would be a complete fabrication. Most of our time together now is after Brynlee and is snoozing a way and we finally have a moment to take a breath and just veg out. And veg we do.

Anyhow, Jimmy has noticed a trend that seems to keep popping up on TV. You see commercials and TV shows that are based on couples. In this couple, the woman is usually fairly attractive and in good shape, and the man is... well Jim Belushi for example.

Hmmm... This type of thing surprises Jimmy every time. It really brings to light how different men and women are. As if I needed a reminder.

Women can see past someone's appearance and be attracted to them because they are a good person. Because they are funny, or treat people well. Women are wise enough to know it's what's on the inside that counts.

I think men hold this quality as well. It's just buried far, far down. Beneath their need to be physically attracted to someone. :)

I see couples where the woman is more attractive than the man all the time, and it doesn't even phase me anymore. I think it works out better that way in the long run.

If we all thought the same people were attractive, we'd all be in trouble. No one would be together and everyone would be fighting over the same person.

It would be nice if you saw a really attractive guy on TV dating a mediocre looking girl once in a while though!

3 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

It's funny you post this because I always think Scott is so hot and way better looking than me. I always tell him I never thought he'd like me because he's just so hot and I thought he had had like all these girlfriends and I would never be good enough because I don't weigh like 100 lbs. Luckily my husband being the sweet man he is always tells me its opposite and he's the lucky one. I'll just be grateful :)

Liz Cuillard said...

Audrey, you are so funny! You are beautiful, outside as well as inside. You don't need to be 100 lbs to be attractive. Not every guy likes a stick! :)

Rachel said...

haha. so i was going to post something similar to audry but didn't know if it would be taken the right way. not so much that i dont think i am attractive, but i don't think i look like the typical girl cory would end up with. but its true...it usually seems to be the other way around!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones