Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Living is Easy

So after being back to work for a week it feels like vacation was 100 years ago! It was a nice while the living was easy, too bad it can't be like that all the time.

After a long day of traveling we finally made it to Fenway Park! It was amazing. Except the Red Sox lost. Yes, they lost to the Royals. They played them 4 games, and the only lost one of those. The one we went to, go figure...



The next day we went sight seeing around the city. I love US history, and Boston is bursting at the seams with it!



Of course we had to stop at Dunky's. How can you not when there are 2 on every street corner (I'm really not exaggerating on this either).



After making our way down to Cape Cod, we went to Provincetown and climbed this:



Yes this beastly tall tower thing. Below you can see the view from inside looking up at the 100 levels of stairs. Needless to say by the time we made to the top I was huffing and puffing!



We had a big family "cook out" (they call them cook outs back there, I would say a BBQ?) and everyone ate some of these, except me. I stuck with chicken. The only thing I eat from the ocean is tuna, in the can form.



Of course we played some games with the family! Grandma had never played Phase 10 before, but she was a natural.



We missed all the good beach days, and by the end of our trip the weather was not the best. But we I had to at least dip my foot in the Atlantic (way too cold to swim though!).



All and all we saw a lot of things but did a lot of vegging too. It was a great trip and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones