Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I go out Packing

Yay it's vacation eve! Can you tell I haven't gone on vacation in a while? I'm so excited I've had trouble sleeping every night this week.

Last night I finally packed. I'll be the first to admit that packing is not my strong point. I have this huge suitcase, and I fill it to the brim. I went to Utah for 3 days and brought my beastly suitcase and filled it so much I had to sit on it to close it.

I could probably roll in a ball and fit in this suitcase that is how big it is. Last time I went on vacation, my suitcase was too heavy! That means it was over 50 lbs. I had to give the sky cap the sexy eye in order for him not to charge me extra to check my bag; otherwise it's like a $75 fee for over weight bags.

So last night I had a goal of packing "light".

That lasted about 10 min. We will be gone for 9 days, and I packed about 10 pairs of shorts/pants and 8 shirts. I guess that part isn't too bad. The shoe part is where it gets ugly. I packed about 6 different pairs of shoes. Some shoes look best with certain outfits right? I guess it's the girl in me, but I need to have choices and lots of them. I hate it when I'm somewhere and I want to wear a certain outfit, but I can't because I don't have it.

After I thought I was finished with my clothes, I kept seeing more stuff I wanted to bring. Jimmy was giving me a hard time about this, so I waited until he wasn't looking and snuck and extra pair of shoes and a couple of shirts in there.

It is definitely going to be another time where I need to sit on my suite case to close it, that is for sure.

I don't consider myself high maintenance, but maybe I am? I mean I'm bringing 2 different curling irons, a blow dryer and tons of products. If that isn't high maintenance I don't know what is. I blame my genes. if I had nice straight get out of the shower and go kind of hair I would not need all that.

I just hope I can keep my suitcase under 50 lbs this time! It will be hard to give the sky cap the sexy eye when my husband is with me...

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones