Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let Down

Well, the Red Sox and I are not exactly getting along right now.

First, they are sucking big time. Every time I turn on the TV they've lost. To add insult to injury the Yankees just keep on winning. There is nothing I hate more than Red Sox losing and Yankee's winning. It really ruffles my feathers.

Now, this whole Steroids thing comes about. So, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were using steroids in 2003. Am I surprised? No. Am I disappointed. Yes.

It seems that anyone with a decent batting average these days has had medical help. It's frustrating to me as a fan. I understand the desire to want to hit better. I want the players to hit better too. But not at the cost of using drugs to do it.

I also get that it's hard to compete with players who are using when you are not. That all makes sense to me.

But since MLB cracked down on steroid use hopefully the number of those on steroids still is drastically smaller. I mean after what happened to Manny with the 50 game suspensions it would be stupid to keep using at this point.

I still love the Red Sox. I will not be a fair weather fan. They've let me down before (lets not bring up the 03 ALCS series), and it's bound to happen again. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Shape up guys, I mean it!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones