Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am Not a Hairdresser

Not to toot my own horn here, but I think I'm pretty good at doing hair. Other peoples that is. I always used to style my friend's hair before dances, or big nights out.

But really all it takes is one trip to the hair salon for me to realize that I'm no pro.

I doubt I'm alone in this, but I'm a compulsive hair cuter. If a piece of hair (mainly a piece of bang) is not falling right, I snip it. Or sometimes pull it out (hey I have tons to spare right?). My hair dresser teases me because she can always tell when I've been snipping away.

But after I go to the salon and my hair is straighter than I ever though possible and my bangs actually fall the way they are supposed to I'm in awe. How does she do that?

I have a flat iron that I bought from a beauty supply store a while ago that was a pretty penny. And that sucker gets up to 425 degrees (I’ve got the burns to prove it)! I have hair cutting scissors and thinning shears. I use shampoo and conditioner from the beauty supply store too. I'm in that store so much the probably think I'm a professional! So I know it's not the supply I lack. I guess that leaves the skill.

I watch what she does every time. And I do my best to mimic it when I get home. But I can never trim my bangs quite right, and I can't even come close to the degree of straightness she can get.

In the end I guess it makes sense. I mean if everyone could do their own hair, why would we have hairdressers in the first place?

Even if I could do my own hair, I don't think I would. I love my hair lady. I've been going to her for like 7 years and she has never raised the price once.
She charges me so little it's laughable. I'd probably get charged more at Supercuts!

If we ever move I don't know what I'll do.
I'll have to make special trips to Simi Valley just go get my hair done!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL I'm ALL about styilist loyalty! I LOVE Mike and I'd NEVER let anyone else touch my hair every again.

sptalley said...

I can never make my hair look like it does when I leave the salon either! Very frustrating! It cracks me up that you snip away at yours though...I would never have the guts to do that!

Audrey Spence said...

Oh man... if you move you'll end up like me. Cutting my own hair... like a foot off! That was scary and Scott had to help but I'm poor and it's the only choice I had if I wanted it shorter. And you are so good at doing hair. I was actually just thinking the other day how you and Meg did such an awesome job on my hair for my wedding. I loved it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones