Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm a Weeper

I learned at an early age that I'm a sensitive person. I’ve done my best over the years to try to toughen up my skin, but unfortunately I still am bothered by things that I wish I wasn't.

The most annoying trait that comes from sensitivity is the crying. I don't get mad, I don't get angry and I don't get even. I just cry. It seems that all my emotions are channeled out of my eye balls and it drives me crazy. Crying is seen as a sign of weakness, and I hate that my eye balls seem to betray me.

So it's not really a surprise that I cry at weddings. I think it could be the wedding of 2 people I don't even know and I'd still cry.

Jimmy and I went to a wedding on Friday night and it was amazing. But sure enough I found myself getting emotional like 6 times. And it was the wedding of Jimmy's best friend! I don’t even know them that well, but I still found my vision getting blurry at key moments.

I think it has to do with seeing other people cry that makes me cry. At that moment, when the bride walks down the aisle and the groom sees her in all her wedding dress splendor they are blissfully happy, and it makes me happy.

I love weddings! I always have, even when I was single I was always down for a good wedding. I mean who doesn't like a party where they feed you? There are a lot of weddings that I've been to where they haven't fed me, but I still usually manage to have a good time.

This wedding happened to be open bar, and believe you me I was not the only one having a good time. :)

Drunken people can be so funny sometimes...

1 comment:

Megan said...

It's okay to cry...sometimes I think I should cry more - I tend to hold it in when at public events. I do love weddings though - reminds you of young love doesn't it!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones