Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spell Check Spoiled

Writing in this blog has made me realize what an absolute horrible speller I am.

To my limited knowledge, there is no spell check feature in blogging. I know I could write my entries in Word first and spell check them there, but am too lazy to do that. So I am left to my own knowledge to help correct my many errors. So far, it has not worked so well. I can't even tell you how many typos/spelling errors I find in here as I read over my posts. I should start keep track, as it must be well within the high double digits. To make it even more disturbing, bad spellers are my pet peeve. I can't stand it when people can't spell simple words or use proper grammar.

What is the worst part about it is that I used to be an excellent speller. I even won a couple of in class spelling bees in Jr. High. So what happened to me?

I think a big part of my problem is typos rather than spelling. I'm just so used to typing something that slightly resembles a word and then having spell check fix it for me. I like to think that if I was handwriting this blog there wouldn't be so many errors, but I may be wrong.

I'm this way with my calculator too. I'm so dependent on it that I lost the ability to do simple arithmetic. If I have to do any kind of addition or subtraction that I can't do in my head within 2 seconds I reach for my trusty calculator.

I can't help but wonder what is next for humans to become co dependent on? There are so many things we used to do on our own that we now completely depend on a machine for.

On that note, I used my dishwasher for the first time last night and absolutely love it. My days of hand washing mountains of dishes are over! :)

1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

Spell check is there...you just have to look!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones