Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh SO Excited!

Halloween is coming and I can't wait! I wake up each morning and countdown in my head until it's here. Based on my excitement you'd think I had some amazing plans for the day or something. Nope. I have absolutely no plans. I'm working during the day, and probably sitting at home during the night. I just get excited for holidays.

Jimmy's birthday is the next day, Nov 1st and I'm super excited for that too. Each day I tell Jimmy how many days left until his b-day. Frankly, he seems like he couldn't care less. I am most definately more excited for his b-day than he is.

I'm like this with every Holiday. Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Presidents day ( ok probably not Presidents day). I just get super excited, like a kid in a candy store. Christmas Eve I can't even sleep, I'm just too pumped. I wake up Christmas morning at like 6am and drag (literally) Jimmy out of bed to open presents. Anyone who knows him knows that this does not please him. But he is a trooper and gets up with me anyways. You'd think as I get older this excitement would die down, but so far it hasn't. And I honestly hope it never does. I think my sheer excitement over the small things adds to my appreciation of life.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am sad to say I do not share in your joy of Halloween. It is very much my least favorite holiday - I wish I could skip right over it, but with children is makes it a little more doable - I am excited to take pictures of them in their cute costumes...and the stock of candy Andrew will bring in won't be so bad!

Robbie said...

I'm putting a lock on my door before Christmas. There's no way 6am is gonna work for me.

Heather and Spencer said...

I love Halloween so much! Spencer also does not get excited about birthdays or holidays the same way I do, I think it is sad for him.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones