Thursday, October 23, 2008

" Hard" Hat

For anyone who read my previous post and thinks I am a serious and inteligent person...you are about to think differently.

For my Halloween costume I bought a Hard Hat (I'm not telling you what I'm going to be, but if you can probably figure it out)

I got home last night, eager to see how ridiculous I was going to look in my new hat and started to assemble. Ok they don't require that much assembly, but you need to size the inside part and then attach it to the hat shell.

So I'm messing with it for a few minutes, trying to get the fitted part to click into the shell ( anyone who has actually worn a hard hat will know what I'm talking about)

A half an hour goes by and I've tried to get the adjustment to fit in the shell everyway possible, and still have had no success. It just wouldn't fit right. I read the instructions again and kept trying.

An hour goes by and I still can't get it to fit. What the heck? Either I'm super retarded or hard hats are a lot " harder " to assemble than they look. I assuming the retarded option. I must be missing something, but for the life of me I coudn't get it to work. I finally set the hat down, and tried to do something productive, like pack considering we are moving in 2 days. I packed for about 2 minutes and was back to the hat.

Adjusting, fiddling, cursing...well not really cursing ( out loud anyway)
Still! No luck. I finally admitted defeat. I'm hoping that my hat is faulty or something and that I'm not just seriously challenged. We'll find out when Jimmy gives it a go...

Score:
Hard Hat-1
Me-0

2 comments:

Robbie said...

We need to chat about this. The fitting probably is upside down. FYI the word is spelled r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d.

Liz Cuillard said...

I tried flipping the fitted part upside down. And tried turning it every which way. It still would not go in right!

Seriously, you don't mess with something for over an hour and not try every combination. Unless I really am that r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones