Thursday, February 13, 2014

You Spin Me Round

This baby of mine is quite the mover! I remember Brynlee moving about, but not like this. Brynlee's kicking was more of an annoyance. This is painful! This baby is beating me up, seriously! At my lovely weekly Dr appt I asked the Dr if he could tell what position she was in because she is kicking me in places I've never been kicked before. She is head down already, and on her side a bit. So her legs are on my right side. Which makes sense because she's always kicking those things and the side of my stomach juts out in odd shapes.

I'm not ready to have the baby yet, but I'm so done being pregnant it's not even funny. I wish there was a baby limbo where she could go for the next 4 weeks so I could catch up on my sleep since I'm not getting any. And maybe get some energy back before I'm trying to wrangle a newborn.

I've decided I'm going to try breast feeding again. I had such a HORRIBLE experience with it with Brynlee that just typing that sentence kind of makes me want to cry. But I'm older and wiser now. I know the mistakes I made and hopefully it will go better this time. If it doesn't work I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but I'm really going to try. I wish I was one of those people who took to breastfeeding easily. Maybe this baby will have a better latch and it will be great. Maybe? Hopefully?

4 more weeks, and no signs of labor yet. At least I don't think. It's hard to judge. I'm wondering if sometimes what I'm thinking is a really painful kick is actually a braxton hicks contraction. Since I was induced with Brynlee I'm not really sure what to look for and it's scary! But I feel in my gut that this baby is going to stay right where she is until someone evicts her. I had Brynlee at 39 weeks and until that point she showed NO sign of leaving anytime soon. I didn't even have any braxton hicks with her.

Thanks to some awesome family members we are just about ready for her to come, when she decides to make her appearance. I had a list of things I needed, and now it's just about widdled down to diaper cream and toiletries.

My Aunt Lynne has given us the gift of diapers for a year, AGAIN! And gave us enough money to buy a glider for the nursery since I was being outbid for every used one I was trying to buy online. Once the nursery is finished I'll take a picture. NONE of the furniture matches, LOL. But that's ok.

Somehow I misplaced all of my newborn clothes. Every last piece. I'm not sure how I managed that since I pain painstakingly saved all of my baby stuff. I guess that's what happens when you move 3 times in a little over a year, including once out of state. Mom and Dad to the rescue there, so now we won't have to bring the baby home in a paper bag.

My mother in law financed all my crafting endeavors. Thanks to her they know me at Joanne's by name, LOL. It's been such a stress relief to be able to paint and emerge myself in something that is just for me. And she bought our changing table for us, and laughed with me really hard as we tried to maneuver it home in Jimmy's Mazda 6. We so need a bigger car.

With family like this, who needs a baby shower?!


1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

So if you're having braxton hicks its like a contraction but less painful. You're whole tummy will tighten up like a rock and it can kinda hurt but not like cramping uterine pain. I had them with Charlotte the last month and my last 3 months with Jackson. I can't even imagine diapers for a year! What a glorious gift! That is awesome! Currently we spend about $35/mo on diapers. Maybe I should start potty training? :) I don't know what I'd do without my family to help when we had babies. I had maybe 10 people at my baby shower (Scott's family and my mom and Bryna) for Charlotte (roughly the same for my bridal shower)so the gifts were limited but very much appreciated (didn't have to buy baby shampoo for almost 2 yrs!). There are still things I'd like to have but don't... a good baby wrap, bumbo... we've been fortunate enough to have lots of hand me downs from people in our neighborhood and its been so great. So thankful for those people. I don't even have to buy Jackson clothes for the summer now! Woohoo! With ya on the bigger car though... we can't expand our family until we're out of debt and can afford a car payment. Love being an adult! Haha! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones