Friday, February 14, 2014

An Apology to my Possesions

Dear Stuff,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't always taken care of you the way I should. I may have used and abused you before, but I feel like as I've gotten older I've done a better job.

And then I brought another person into this world who seems to make a hobby out of getting into you and putting you through the ringer:

To my couch that is brand new and gets jumped on constantly, even when I tell a certain someone not to.

To my brand new living room carpet that is constantly covered in crumbs, despite my best efforts to keep a certain messy eater off you. Let's not bring up the whole spilled strawberry milk incident. That is still to fresh in both our minds

To my book light that is now bent into an odd position and can no longer be used.

To my beauty blender ( which for those who don't know is a very EXPENSIVE, yet awesome make up sponge) that got covered in permanent marker.

To my space heater that no longer works. I'm not sure what happened to you, but I know who happened to you.

To my crafting ribbon that met with a pair of scissors way before your time.

To my walls...my poor walls. Crayon, marker, boogers ( yes boogers) seem to always find their way out of a certain someone's hands and on to you. Repeatedly.

I apologize. And bear some bad news I'm afraid. Soon another one of these wreakers of havoc will be entering the world. You have a little bit of time before that one will discover how fun it is to destroy you. But not much. Get ready to be double teamed.

Sincerely,

Liz

PS I know based on this it sounds like I NEVER watch my kid! But she is smart and she is crafty. She uses stools/chairs/anything to climb up and get things down ( like permanent markers!!!!!) that were purposely put out of reach.


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones