Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day One

I'm officially a working girl. And it's terrifying. Really, it is. I love hair, don't get me wrong. But now that I'm actually doing this an old nemesis of mine is rearing it's ugly head.

Confidence. Or lack there of. I went to a week of training before I started cutting hair at my job. My instructor in my training kept telling me the same thing. " You know what to do, just do it. Be confident.". Yeah. Easier said than done. You'd think with such fear that I've had a horrible experience in the past, and that is why I'm so nervous. Nope. Just nervous because it's new and scary. If I cut off too much hair, I can't fix it. I can't put it back on. It's just gone. So I get scared. I can only imagine how tattoo artists feel! Talk about permanent!

Yesterday was day one. I survived. I had to ask for help, quite a bit. But I made it. There is no doubt that I'm no. I'm sure customers can sense it as soon as they sit down in my chair. But most of them were really nice and patient with me. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone. It's not my favorite place to be. But it will get better. I know, I know. The grass is always greener right? First I'm complaining about not having a job, now I'm complaining about my job being scary. I just hope the scariness wears off sooner rather than later!

I'm on a Zumba kick. I actually enjoy working out. I know that sounds crazy. But I really do, when I'm doing Zumba. Ask me to run and I'd rather get a root canal. But for me Zumba is the key. Last week I only went twice because I was in training and I really missed it. Up until recently I had no idea what Zumba really was. In case you are wondering, here is a clip below. Mind you I look nothing like these people when I do it. When I do it there is a lot more flailing about, and missed steps. But I'm exhausted and dripping sweat by the end.


Watch this video and imagine doing this for an hour. Yeah, it's tough. If you are like me and hate working out but love to dance, I highly recommend trying it out.

During my Zumba class today I had Brynlee so I put her in the gym day care. About 20 min into my class the day care worker came into the studio looking for me. Brynlee had pooped in her underwear. Great Brynlee, impeccable time as ever to revert to old habits. I guess a 20 min workout is better than no workout at all? We'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

If I had a friend and money to pay for a class I'd go. But I don't have either. Sometimes I can find youtube videos and play them through our Roku but most the time I end up going on a walk/run or bike ride with the kids. I love riding my bike best. That and playing basketball out front. But zumba is fun. Even if I look awful doing it. At least its in the comfort of my home :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones